The scholars have divided the types of mistakes one might fall into when reciting the Qur‟an into two types :
• The Clear mistakes must be avoided by all and to avoid them one must know the rules
of Tajweed. • If a person falls into the Clear Mistakes, this is considered a sin and Ibn Taymiyyah even
regarded it undesirable for a Student of Knowledge (i.e. someone who knows Tajweed)
to pray behind a person who makes clear Mistakes in their Salaah. • Very Obvious and can be felt • Changes the meaning of Quran‟s Words • Must Avoid it at every Cost • These mistakes are Haram
• The ruling on Hidden/ unobvious is lighter and the recitation of a person falling into this type of
mistake is regarded as lacking in completeness.
• A mistake that although does not change the meaning of Quranic words but the beauty of the words diminishes
• Reading against the rules of different letters falls under this category.
• This mistake is “makrooh” (disliked) Also it could be Haram if done intentionally.
Examples : -To overlook the rules of the thick / full mouth (tafkheem) letters and the thin / empty mouth.
• Not to adhere to the rules of ith’har, idghaam and ikhfaa in their respective places whilst reciting the Qur’an.
Welcome to Ayat institute for online quran teaching.
Learn Quran Correct your mistakes and Prayer etc.
Most people do not distinguish between ( "ط ت، س ص ث، ا ع،ہ ح،ض ذ ظ " )Remember If the words change,then your prayer will be incomplete so join us to recite correctly